Sunday, January 04, 2004

Third Post-Trip Blog: Horses and HeroClix

One of the best parts of my trip home was visiting Larry and Cindi, who just got another new horse. They got Chloe about a month ago, and got Private Prospect, a thoroughbred with 2 wins, while I was in town. Private is beautiful - check out some picures of them both, courtesy of Larry.

Liz and I had a great time hanging out with Larry and Cindi. Cindi made roast beast with gorganzola sauch, which is too good for words (and my waist). We watched Coupling, a seriously funny Britcom about people, well, getting together to have sex. It was hilarious in that dry, British humor way, and the chicks (especially the blonde, although I don't know her name) were not hard on the eyes, either. It's basically a riff on Friends, but with less drama and more sex. Notably, it stars Jack Davenport, who played the stuffy Norrington in Pirates of the Caribbean. After that, we took a spin on their new dartboard, and Liz accomplished the impossible by jamming a blunt-ended, plastic-tipped dart into their drywall.

The next day, Larry and I ran the Tulsa Mega-Huge Christmas HeroClix event. We conceived of this event back in October, when I knew I was coming home and we were trying to figure out how to get all of my friends from different venues to meet in one place for a big event. We ended up running a charity event, and I brought a lot of my LEs to give out as prizes, and some extra factory sets that I found around the office. Everyone had a great time. The guy who took second place played some of the best 'Clix I've ever seen, and he tore a turtler to ribbons in the last round, which is always exciting (I hate turtlers about as much as I hate whiny rules-lawyers). It was a great afternoon. Larry's also posted some pictures of this event. I'm the one in the red "Magneto Was Right" shirt (as if you couldn't tell...)

Stay Tuned, more to come!

No comments: