Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Gigantor!!

It really isn't an exaggeration to say that I've wanted a great home theater system for the entirety of my adult life. With the recent acquisition of my DVD player, that dream seemed closer. Last night, it was completed. We stopped by Circuit City because I was inspired by my parents' recent luck in open-box specials. There, with a nice, low, open-box pricetag, was the TV I'd been looking at. Well, it was one of two TVs I'd been looking at, but not the one I was going to buy because I thought it was too expensive. Except, at open box rates, it wasn't. And lo and behold, the store was also having a sale, which included that TV. So, we decided to get it. The television arrived at the store on Monday night, went to the guy's house on Tuesday morning, he decided it was too big, and he sent it back. It was displayed at open-box at 1:00 PM, and I bought it a little after 5:30. Woohoo!

The TV arrives on Friday. I'm pushing for an early morning delivery. I have a feeling I may be playing hookie from work that day... or "working from home."

No comments: