Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Snow

So it snowed four inches in Seattle today. For the Northwest, that's a lot of snow, especially since people here don't know anything about driving in it. I used to think Okies didn't know anything about driving in snow, but the point was driven home when the weather person was explaining what freezing rain was, because it never happens here.

Yikes!

So I worked from home for most of the day, and I'm pretty much killing time by watching Futurama. The last two days at work have been pretty frustrating - the two aspects of my job I really hate, people not taking responsibility for their fuckups and people obsessing over tiny rules details in HeroClix - came out in full force. I realized that part of good public relations is to sometimes accept responsibility for a fuckup that's not yours, which goes against every fiber of my being. Now I'm beginning to understand why they describe this job as "soul-crushing."

No comments: