Thursday, January 22, 2004

Electronics Gone Bad

Somehow, I've written a less-than-stellar record with electronics, specifically laser devices. In my time, I somehow managed to break a couple of portable CD players, a portable MP3-CD player, my old Aiwa (although, to be fair, I had that thing for a good six years and used it almost nonstop), and now apparently my PS2.

The PS2 never worked quite right. When watching a dual-layer DVD, it would start screwing up at the layer change. Then, a couple of months ago, it decided to quit working while I was in the middle of games. Like, it would just freeze. Now, it's taking forever to even load the games in the first place. I'm not a major video game player, at least not anymore. I might sit down once every two weeks and play something. So it's not like I've got this thing on all the time, where it can get worn out. I've got a cleaning disc I run through it periodically, and that doesn't seem to help, either.

To make matters worse, my new TV is having problems, too. Luckily, it's under a full warrenty, so I'm having the service people come out to my house ASAP to resolve this matter.

And now it's time for my rant. You would think that, once you have money to buy really nice electronics, they wouldn't fuck up. These aren't those stupid, plastic knock-off toys you get as a kid because your parents don't think you'll notice the difference because they can't afford the real deal. Those, I would expect to break and be fixed with masking tape and my imagination could take care of the rest. Fuck that. This is serious fucking business, and I would hope, hope, that with having financial security, I could expect my fucking television to fucking work.

I hate electronics.

No comments: