Sunday, January 04, 2004

End of a Saturday

I'm mostly done catching up on all the WizKids forums since I left for vacation, so I guess that's been a productive evening. It's only 7:20 here, but it got dark like two hours ago, so it feels a lot later. This "dark at 5:00" bullshit is for the birds, I cannot stand it. Although, I did browse over to Dave's Blog, which is now located on my right nav bar as well. Dave was my GM back in Tulsa during the incredible Spelljammer campaign I played there, and he's a damn fine artist as well. His blog is just starting to take off.

I've got an MP3 of Blur's "Sing" playing from Trainspotting, and it's making me goddamn lonely for London. Sometimes I wonder if what I miss about London isn't the place itself, but the ultimate freedom I had when I was there. If I could do my life over again, the one thing I would do differently would be to stay in London another semester and travel a hell of a lot more at that time. I mean, I guess there's the future for that kind of thing, but it's always going to be different - I just pray to fucking God that by the time I can do that kind of thing again, I'm not going to be some geezer in a Winnebago who can't drink the beer, can't shit properly, and gets sick every time he drinks the water. Hell, I'm some of those things now - in fact, almost everything but the Winnie. Fuck me, fuck me, I feel old.

Today, we went to Seattle to pick up my comic books. Aaron had a copy of the Ravenloft Gazeteer IV which I also picked up. And, he had a copy of Darwin's World d20, which I've had my eye on for a while. That, combined with a bitchin' BPRD mug, was my first stop of the day.

Well, technically not - I finally bought my DVD player this morning. The player I had my eye on, the Panasonic XP50, is now officially out of production, so I went with my second choice, which may be the better choice in the long run. It's the Malata DVP-520 modified to be region-free. I can also play my PAL DVDs on it, and it will correctly scale them to my television, which is a big plus. Believe it or not, buying Trogdor isn't going to cripple my home theater plans as much as I thought.

So then we decided to stop by the mall because we both needed some socks. Lo and behold, Penny's was having a one-day sale with most shit in the store 60% off, so Liz went shopping for some clothes and I popped into the WotC store because I heard they were all going out of business - which turned out to be true, and everything in the store was 20% off. I scored a groovy tournament chess set, a chess clock, a game from Looney Labs called "Chrononauts" and some deck stuff for my GoT cards.

Yes, it was a good day. Now, we've got a lot more laundry to do. Today, I translated the first part of a segment of a Polish RPG I'm helping with, and I'm planning on curling up with Darwin's World as soon as I finish here. Inspiration struck for Crocodile Man whilst I was on vacation, so I know how I'm going to finish the damn thing. Only 29,000 more words to go on it!

No comments: