Thursday, April 22, 2004

The Stanley Saga: Second to Last Chapter

Last night, about an hour before I left work, I got a phone call that Stanley caught an upper-respiratory infection and would be put to sleep if I didn't come and claim him. So I convinced Brook and Wendi to drive me over to Animal Control and sprung him from death row. He spent the night in our front bathroom last night, with nary a complaint. He seemed very happy to see some people. Today, I called our vet and asked about getting him some medical attention. It turns out that the vet will not only treat him, but will board him and try to find an owner for him - all free of charge, and without the threat of euthanasia.

They will let us know when he gets adopted. I'm glad this has finally turned out for the best.

No comments: