Monday, April 05, 2004

Lazy Sunday (Aren't They All?)

Seems like I've got a lot of lazy Sundays. Things I accomplished today: I rewatched The Matrix Reloaded, in anticipation of Tuesday's release of The Matrix Revolutions on DVD, bringing the total times I've watched Reloaded to three. I like it more each time I see it, especially after watching Revolutions, because it's much easier to see what they were building to. And, I watched all nine shorts from The Animatrix, same reason as above. I napped to catch up with the whole Daylight Savings Time nonsense, and I went to the supermarket armed with a carb counter so I can get really serious about this whole weight loss thing.

By the way, that The Science of the X-Men book I picked up is fairly interesting, if a bit dry and not terribly coherent. It does offer some interesting speculation on the sources of power for some of the Merry Mutants, although the bit on Psionics (unfortunately the first chapter) runs the gamut from uninspired to downright lame. But, that's my thoughts on Psionics in general.

It's strange - from a gamer's perspective, there is probably more scientific basis for the existence of psionics than magic, but I'm more ready to accept the later in my fiction.

No comments: