Thursday, April 01, 2004

The Man Comes Around

I'm listening to Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around," from the acoustic album of the same name (the one with his cover of "Hurt" on it), which they played over the opening credits of Dawn of the Dead. I've decided it was a freakin' great movie, and I'm gonna have to see it again. And own it, for sure.

Liz is at dog training tonight, so I'm blogging and about to go hit a scary movie, although I haven't decided which yet. Today was the deadline to get the next chapter of Crocodile Man to RPG Times, and I didn't make it, but I am going to work on it either tonight or tomorrow morning before work. That, and I'm going to try to nail down my submission to "Amazing Stories" and hopefully squeeze out some query letters to a couple of people Jon suggested I hit. I feel like I'm at the Catch-22 point again: everyone wants to see publishing credits, and I don't have many, but in order to get them, I need to show publishing credits. At least my job has afforded me the opportunity to get several items published in some pretty big gaming magazines, so I've got something other than local Okie stuff and that newsrag I edited.

No comments: