Thursday, April 15, 2004

A Kind-Of Real Update

I haven't done a real update in a while, mostly because I've either been too tired or too distracted. My life hasn't been terribly exciting, though; nothing major going on. Liz's office has their largest fundraising event this weekend, so she's pretty much out of commission from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. I'm going to hang out with Brook and Wendi on Saturday, and the promise is to go estate sale-ing. I doubt I'll buy anything, since I've spent the last two weekends trying to un-junk my life, unless I can find some extremely good deals on old video games or video game systems.

I wrote 2000ish words on the old book last night, but that was tempered by deleting about a thousand words from what I'd written before (I wrote a scene towards the end of the chapter first, and then, once I got there, the scene didn't work, so I erased it and started over). My goal is to finish this chapter either tonight or tomorrow.

There hasn't been much action on the Stanley front, either. A guy from my office went to look at him on Tuesday night, and really liked him and agreed to take him if it came to a last resort adoption, but didn't want him right off. The guy may be moving in the near-future into a house with two other cats, so he's unsure how Stanley would react and if that would be fair to him; that's actually a very responsible move on the guy's part, so I ended up happy, even though my four-legged friend hasn't found a home yet. I know that Angela is both a sucker and a cat lover, and she is currently feline-less, so I may call her today and try to goad her into taking Stanley.

I've got two weeks worth of comics waiting at the store. My walk has been going OK, except for teenagers chucking a pencil out their car window at me on Monday and the goose along my route turning into a psycho. I had to walk in the street to avoid it last time, and it was hissing and nipping at me the whole way. I have half a mind to report it to animal control myself.

No comments: