Saturday, March 13, 2004

Red Dawn

Last night, because my life is one exciting social event after another, I stayed in and watched most of the Season 3 episodes of "Futurama," and the 1978 version of Dawn of the Dead. Yup, that's the extent of my social life: staying in and watching sci-fi cartoons and old horror movies.

Today looks like it's going to be a beautiful day (as much as any day here looks like it will be beautiful and actually stays that way for longer than an hour). We're going to try to use our Citypasses (tickets Brook and Wendi got us to get into a bunch of Seattle attractions for free), and take a trip down to the Space Needle and some other stuff in that general area. I think it might be fun to take a bus down there, so we can ride the monorail too. Plus, we should get some good walking in.

Speaking of, I've been walking to work at least three times each week (weather permitting). It's getting to be routine, which is good. As of my last doctor's visit, I've lost six pounds (in three weeks, so that's right at the perfect 2-pounds-per-week level) and my blood pressure is normal. It's great, I finally feel like I can take control of my weight and get back on track. I don't know if I'll ever see my high school weight again, but goddamnit, I'm gonna try!

No comments: