Friday, May 27, 2005

Winding Down A Hellweek

Everyone in my department is gone, I'm listening to Eminem, and there's a three-day weekend in front of me. I got more work done than I thought I might today, so I don't think I have to come in on Monday. Depending on how much work I can knock out on the house this weekend, I'll feel a hell of a lot better about things.

I realized that part of why I've been so on edge lately is that the pieces of my life have very little in the way of order at the moment. Work is askew because it's work and it's busy, and home is askew because of the house. Sure there is order in the chaos - we've managed to live around the stuff that litters our bathroom for example - but we need a serious "return to normalcy."

On the upside, Crabby found a job already. Good on him!

No comments: