Saturday, May 28, 2005

And Then There Were Six

After I got home yesterday and helped Crabby unpack the last of his stuff from the truck, we decided to go yardsaling. Considering it was Friday evening, there was only one yard sale up and at 'em, so we looped around looking for others. Then we pass a sign that reads KITTENS FOR SALE.

I'm sure you can guess how this story ends.

Earlier that day, Liz and I discussed, once again, adding another pet. Maybe a kitten or a doggie or something. I said that the new pet should be Crabby's pet, and he would take this pet with him when he left. We floated the idea to Crabby when I got home, but I didn't think anything would come of it.

Until we pass a sign that reads KITTENS FOR SALE.

She's a tortie, maybe 8 weeks and unsteady on her feet. Orion loves having a new friend; Miranda seems to think this tiny kitten is dangerous and has been hiding. We'll do the vet thing after the long weekend (you can see how well this was planned out).

If you want to sell something to my wife and I, all you need is a hand-painted sign that reads KITTENS FOR SALE.

No comments: