Saturday, May 14, 2005

Ruminations on Friday the 13th

Today was a good day. The sun was blazing when I woke up, and there was a purring cat three inches from my face. Things could have been worse.

It was a jewelled cap to a pretty crazy week, though. I pulled a very long shift last night to get caught up on my work, and for the most part I'm where I need to be - which is to say still behind, but not to the point where it's crushing my spirit. There's a real ghost of negativity infecting my office these days, mostly coming from one individual who seems to have a very difficult time seperating her personal life from her work life. She's one of those people that just being around her wears down your spirit, because she's constantly negative about everything. I'd like to think that I'm negative when it's warrented and generally positive the rest of the time, so naturally my personality and hers clash. Its ugly.

Work on the house, well, goes. We're behind schedule of course, and it looks like we're not going to get to where we need to be before Crabby gets here next Friday.

No comments: