Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I Am All That Is Man!

This weekend, we finished the Den. Not 100% done, but enough to move the furniture into it, set up the home theater, and have a room we can actually live in for a while. Crabby is crashing on the couch, but we should have his room emptied of shit today or tomorrow. We might have done it last night, but as we pulled into Home Depot, clouds of steam were pouring from under the truck's hood.

Our assessment: a radiator hose. Time of problem: 7:45.

We fill the radiator with water and drive it home. We locate an auto parts store and tell them to hold a top hose for us.

Cost of hose, connectors: $16.50 total.

We drive back and go to work on the truck. Radiator fluid leaks all over my driveway. The hose is hard to remove, but I've done worse. At least it isn't a serpentine belt.

After the old hose comes off, we clean the area and slide the new one on. Time of completed repair: 9:30.

We both felt virile and strutted a little.

Work has been surprisingly good too. I recently nominated one of our products for a major award and received it; I entered the same product in several other awards categories, so hopefully this is a good sign of things to come. It's nice that I'm seeing some major payoff for my PR efforts rather than the stuck-in-second-gear stuff I've been forced to accept in the past (sorry for the car reference, it's still on my mind). I'm working on a fiction project for something at the company which will likely go uncredited, but I can still throw sly references to my friends and family in there and no one will be the wiser.

Tonight, more SIFF stuff. And I've got a bunch of Netflix movies to burn through. And a bunch of DVDs I haven't seen yet.

Does anyone have a few hundred extra hours I can borrow?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I did, I'd be using them myself. Rock on, homeowner man!