Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Away

As some of you might have surmised, I was away this weekend at Wizard World East in Philadelphia. It was a good show, better than I thought it was going to be. I went primarily to give the presentation at Envoy Night, and secondarily to be Mr. PR Man, which I did with my usual gusto. Notable events: a documentary crew wanted to interview me about d20 RPGs, and thought WizKids and Wizards of the Coast was the same thing. As Seth and I were on an escalator, security wouldn't let Joe Quesada (Editor-In-Chief of Marvel Comics) up the escalator because he didn't have a badge (Joe: "But I'm a guest of honor!") Seth Green (AKA Scott Evil, AKA "Scottie Don't!") came by because he's a HeroClix fan. Chris Claremont stopped by for a Dark Phoenix figure, and signed one for me that's going in my collection. And I saw the first ten minutes of The Devil's Rejects, the sequel to House of 1000 Corpses. I think I might catch it in a theater if I can get a matinee; it looked promising.

The airplane ride back was hell; it always is. Sweet Cthulhu, what I wouldn't give for more comfortable airplanes!

No comments: