Sunday, June 19, 2005

Grand Theft Update

I realized I forgot to do this on Thursday. D'oh!

Thursday night, right after I walk in the door, I get a call from the detective assigned to my case. He informs me that I'm getting my tax dollars worth today, as the two perps who stole my car are now in jail.

The main thief's name is Mr. Duane Bates of Sea-Tac. Mr. Bates is 17 years old, and has previously done one-and-a-half years in juvie for 38 counts of Grand Theft Auto.

In case you're unfamiliar with the juvenile justice system, time spent in juvie is typically counted in weeks or - in extreme cases - months. So Mr. Duane Bates of Sea-Tac has been a nasty little panda before, it seems.

This time? The car they ditched at the mechanic's shop had license plates in it from other vehicles, and apparently they also confessed to stealing other cars as well.

So Mr. Duane Bates of Sea-Tac is going back to juvie - to await his sentencing for this round of crimes. Only now, his crimes involve burglary (since he took the keys) so Mr. Duane Bates of Sea-Tac is going to be spending some nice quality time back in the pokey - or if I'm really lucky, he'll be treated as an adult and be passed around a prison like the doobies he left in my car.

Why do I keep repeating the name of Mr. Duane Bate of Sea-Tac, age 17, the person who stole my car?

Oh, no reason. But if you're bored and looking for something to do...

No comments: