Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Regarding Weight

It's been a while since I posted about my weight (and my work to shed the pounds), but I thought I might do so because I have something exciting to share.

I broke my first major weight goal this weekend.

Unlike other times I've done this, I didn't celebrate with a slice of cake or a six-pack of beer. I'm celebrating by purchasing a video game - the Xbox version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

I now plan to set goals in 10-pound increments, with a major celebration at the next fifty-pound mark.

For those keeping score: total weight lost on this new plan is 20 lbs. I weigh less now than when I did Atkins last year, and it took me less time to get here. I think the lunchtime trips to the gym are really helping, so I'm going to keep that up. I'm also going to start weight-training so I can tone up these flabby, flabby muscles, which should, in turn, help me burn even faster.

Better, my joints aren't aching, my mouth doesn't taste like chicken poop, and my sleep schedule is still normal.

I feel good about this. Really good. And Roger, if you're reading this, thank you for being one of my main bits of inspiration that this can actually be accomplished.

No comments: