Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Nesting

About a month ago, I mentioned I picked up a Kit-Kat Clock with a 20% off gift certificate from Bed Bath and Beyond. When I got the clock, I asked the clerk if I could use a second gift certificate on a second item. He said, "sure."

Liz and I had our eye on a set of dinnerware at Bed Bath and Beyond for a while, so that day, I hatched a plan. At my apartment complex, there's a handy recycle bin for junk mail, so you can just throw it away when you take it out of your mailbox without having to haul it back to your house. I noticed last time that there were several 20% off coupons in the recycle bin, so I thought, perhaps I could root around in there and see if I could find a second one.

Today, the next 20% off coupon came.

A half hour and a little bit of dumpster-diving later, and I scored 20% off an entire new set of dinnerware. Apparently it's a discontinued pattern, but it looks really good. I can't believe I'm even typing about being excited over new dinnerware, but it's nice to have something that looks, well, nice, something other than fine china that I'm not scared and embarrased to trot out for guests.

Although looking through the other options on that site, I realize that we've got a long way to go before we get the complete set...

No comments: