Friday, June 04, 2004

Dictator For A Day

Today I discovered Nation States, a game by the author of a book called Jennifer Government, Max Barry. It's pretty slick - you create a country, name it whatever you like, and then answer some questions about what you believe a perfect government would be like. Then, every day (or more or less often, depending), you receive "issues" that you must decide for your country; for example, today I made voting compulsory. Your country has an economic, political, and social standing depending on how you choose to deal with your issues. My country is called Nilahaus; I've provided a link on the right navbar for anyone interested in checking my progress. It seems like a fun, free experiment, but I must warn you that their websites are terribly slow.

No comments: