Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Walkin' Dude Part 2

Well, not a bad walk. About 45 minutes. The rain held off, so the only thing I had to worry about was the darkness - or, more precisely, the headlights from the cars ruining my night vision. There's one stretch of the road that passes through a forest and then by a marshy swampy slough, and there are no streetlights at all. It takes about 15 or 20 minutes to walk through this section, and the only illumination is from headlights or from the sky. I could see a surprising amount when I wasn't blinded by some yuppie's halogen searchlights. It was a pleasant walk. I think I'll do it tomorrow, too.

Of course, I may have ruined the health benefits of the walk when I got home. We ordered pizza, and I ate 5 or 6 slices. A lot. I'm totally stuffed, and if I'd been drinking water with my meal like I'm supposed to, I know I would have eaten less. But that's the way it seems to go with me: after I do some kind of physical activity, my body freaks out and gets really hungry. "We've got to replace those calories!" it seems to say, as if I need a gut like a beach ball and a spare tire you could put on a Harley. I must train it.

Plus, waiting for me when I got home was my credit card bill. Which contained my dentist payment, the cat's vet bill, my birthday gift, and my birthday dinner. Talk about a bummer. We made progress last month, but not enough. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails! I sat and sulked for a good ten minutes about the stupid bill. I can't wait until I can call MBNA and tell them to go fuck themselves. Like, in two months.

On the upside, I did have some good ideas on the walk home, some of which I will probably incorporate into my campaign. Speaking of, I'd better go clean up the house for guests.

What I'm reading: The Hedge Knight by George R. R. Martin
What's playing: Mike & the Mechanics - Silent Running
Movie: Nothing

No comments: