Friday, November 28, 2003

Books and Stuff

So while we're waiting for the car to get fixed (it's too long of a story to repeat again), Liz and Crabby and I are getting ready to host a nice Thanksgiving dinner with Angela and John. We've got a 20 pound turkey. That's a lot of skin for me to eat! Crabby and I have alternated playing Vice City all morning. It's been a great day so far. Hopefully, the old hoopty won't cost too much to fix.

I finished Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash last night. It's a cyberpunk novel in the same vein as Neuromancer, but it's everything I wanted Neuromancer to be. I found Gibson's book hard to get into, pompous, and overrated, while Snow Crash did it right. After all, how can you not like a novel whose main character is Hiro Protagonist?

I wish I had more to share today, but I don't. I'm going to eat some turkey in about ten minutes, so I'll sign off and wish everyone else good wishes.

No comments: