Monday, November 10, 2003

Tired Inspiration

I felt inspired, so I sat down and cranked out 1000 words on my novel today. I'm about 3000 words away from finishing Chapter 9 (of 12) and I really like the way the last part of the book is shaping up. I was a little worried for a while. I can't wait to rewrite this beast. I'll have 120,000 (ish) words when I'm done and that should be enough to do a good rewrite and hammer out something worth publishing. At least, I hope so. In other writing news, I'll have articles appearing soon in both Scrye and Game Trade Magazine (the later being entirely mine, byline and all! Woohoo!) I haven't had the time or the energy to look at my old short stories and do the research to publish them, but I will probably do so by the end of the year.

I've also been strangely tired this weekend. I mean, really drag-ass tired. I'm typing this, and my eyelids feel heavy. I could sleep for an hour right now. I almost took a nap earlier today. While I was going to sleep, I thought of something that would make a really cool short story, but now I can't remember what it was. The sad thing is, I keep a notebook by my bed just for this reason, and I actually thought "I won't need that, I'll remember it." That'll teach me.

I'm going to hit the last lap of cleaning this room. Elizabeth and I did a good deal of work on it yesterday, and we're so damn close to finishing it's not even funny. I really should. Then, I move on to my next project: turning my bookshelves from a hodgepodge into an organized system (well, my comics and role-playing books are organized right now, but you get the idea.)

Here's something fun: the GamePro cases my company makes for holding Clix work perfectly for both Crimson Skies planes and Mech
Warrior 'Mechs. I still like my boxes for HeroClix though.

What I'm reading: The Ultimate Six (comic book)
What's playing: Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Movie: Watched the first part of 2001: A Space Odyssey today (which Elizabeth has never seen)

No comments: