Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Back, But Sick

No clever title today - I'm back from Wizard World Texas, but I'm sick. It was a great convention, but I managed to catch the Texas Mung on the last day of the con. It's strange because I'm shifting from periods of feeling totally shitty, where my head hurts and my joints ache so much that I don't want to move, to periods of feeling fine except for slightly congested sinuses. It's bullshit. I hate being sick.

Crabby is coming into town any time now (in fact, his flight arrives right... now). I'm looking forward to a great Turkey Day with him. Angela and John should be coming over too, so it should be a blast.

I finished sorting my Heresy cards, and I'm only 6 rares short of the entire set. Luckily, I found a great trading site where people get together to swap CCGs, CMGs, and TCGs with equal fervor. I plan to make an account there - a lot of people trade old, out of print games like Heresy. Maybe I can finish my INWO: Assassins set, too! And get the last few pieces I need for my MechWarrior army.

I don't really have any fun or witty comments to make today, but I'll share this, courtesy of Mark Evanier's blog. On this site you can find the entire collection of "Godless Communist" comics put out by the Catholic Church in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Someone should do a study comparing these with Chick Tracts someday.

On a sadder note, 27-year-old actor Johnathan Brandis apparently committed suicide the other day by hanging himself. I liked Sidekicks quite a bit as a teenager. What a waste.

No comments: