Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Now I Can Talk

So now I can share why yesterday was such an eye-scratcher. Due to restructuring, some very good people at my company lost their jobs. The worst part is, I ended up ahead - I got promoted, and switched departments. I feel awful that I received the promotion in the wake of these people, many of whom I consider my friends, being laid off.

Yesterday turned out to be a doozy. The situation at work completely blew my mind, and then I came home looking to talk about it with my mother and it turned out she'd broken her knee. Such is life - as Seattle has discovered in the last couple of days, when it rains, it pours. Apparently they are so used to the steady mist-piss of rain here that they aren't prepared for a good two-day storm, so flash flood warnings (so common in Oklahoma) were issued. Rain, in Seattle, made the front page of the paper. This place continues to baffle me.

I'm working on a nice little companion piece for a website that I hope to get published in the next few days - I'll be sure and post if I do. I goes back to some of the things I said about The Matrix, and movies being too self-conscious for their own good.

What I'm reading: A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin.
What I'm listening to: You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Stones.
What I'm going to watch tonight: Don't know. Maybe The Simpsons. Liz made chili, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: