Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Da Cubs
Ya know, I've been a Cubs fan since I lived in Bloomington in the early 1990s. I've always rooted for the underdog. Tonight, they could have made history. Instead, they made total asses of themselves. I'm just glad there's a game seven. Of course, it could turn around in the 9th - but I doubt it. I turned the TV off, but Elizabeth turned it back on. I can't bear to watch it, but she can. I think I'm in love.

I finished A Clash of Kings last night before I went to bed. I like George R. R. Martin's stuff for many reasons, not the least of which is that it's just plain great fantasy. It reads like the best military and palace intrigue books out there (Dune comes to mind), but with a great, easy-flowing style. There's only two characters I have any complaints about being two-dimensional, and Martin really is a master storyteller. Usually around the second book in the series, I'm just tired and want to skip to the end (like in Tad Williams' Dragonbone Chair series) but I'm genuinely hooked, and it's adult in a way that Feist's Magician never was.

What I'm reading: Haven't picked the next book yet.
What's on the MP3 Player: Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust soundtrack
What I watched tonight: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

No comments: