Friday, October 17, 2003

A Game of Fun

I'm really digging Fantasy Flight's A Game of Thrones CCG. I don't really have very many cards, but as I see the different intricacies of the game, I like it more and more. Playing with recognizable characters from the book series makes for a more fun game than that other CCG I used to play (one called Spells or something... Magic maybe?) The mechanics are similar at first glance - there's only so many way you can indicate a card has been used - but the Game of Thrones is strategic on more levels, and is far more flexible in deck construction, allowing you to concentrate on one, two, or three levels of play, and you have to plan on your opponents doing the same.

Now, I just need to find some money so I can get a box or two for myself.

No comments: