Saturday, November 06, 2004

From a Soldier's POV

An American soldier just back from Iraq had this to say about the election:

    If you voted for Bush, didn't vote, or voted no on gay marriage, I hope you get drafted.
    I hope they stick you in my unit, and you go with me to Iraq when my unit goes back in September. I will laugh when you see what soldiers in that country face on a daily basis. I hope you work with gay soldiers too. I did. One of them saved my life. Think he shouldn't have the right to get married? Fuck you. He fought just as hard as I did and on most days, did his job better than me. Don't tell me gays don't have the same rights you do.
    Think the war in Iraq is a good thing? I'll donate my M-16 to you and you can go in my place.
Indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Jason, I cross-posted that in my blog. I think it needs to be seen by as many people as possible. Hope you don't mind. -Angela