Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Electorally Speaking

In twenty-four hours, we'll either have a good idea of who is going to be the next President, or we'll be watching our nation descend into a hell of lawsuits, accusations, slander, and assholery. The polls cannot be trusted: depending on which source you believe, both candidates will win. Republican vote supression in Ohio has started, Florida cannot get its shit together, and early exit polls are encouraging, as are responses to Republican Get Out the Vote programs. Karl Rove is up to his old push-polling tricks, and I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

Seriously, I'm curious to see how this all pans out. The last time I watched an election, I was working in my college's writing center, tutoring exchange students and streaming CNN live over the Internet. Now, CNN doesn't even allow streaming without paying, I'll still be working because I'm on the west coast. Unless the world goes to hell, I might have a good idea of what's going on before I leave. I might do a little liveblogging; it depends on how busy I am. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason -- I think I'll be disappointed if you don't do at least a little live blogging, as I count on you in these times of crisis. :-) Okay, I'm kidding. If you're hunkered down with a grenade launcher, I'll understand.