Friday, May 28, 2004

Thursday Yucks

I've felt yuck all day. I woke up with my joints aching, particularly my right elbow, where I strained it lifting back in college. It's still a little sore. I felt really listless today, unable to focus, and generally unmotivated and tired for no real reason. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was some kind of depression. The afternoon was a fire that turned into a nuclear explosion, so at least I got to get up, move around, and bust my ass really quickly, but now it's 5:30 and I feel like a sea cucumber again.

I'd post something interesting, but the fact is there isn't a hell of a lot of interesting shit going on in my life right now. Bush continues his downward slide in the polls, and although Kerry doesn't exactly seem like a progressive reformer, he seems like a good politician and statesman, and as such will make a good counterbalance to Bush's absolutely reckless foreign policies. I suspect a lot of people will vote for him because he's "not Bush," not because he comes across as a youthful reformer (as Clinton did in the last time we ousted a Bush from office). But I find myself losing interest even in the election, as it seems more and more than people are finally figuring out that this administration has been playing us for saps.

I'm starting a character in a Shadowrun game we're going to run at work, which I'm looking forward to. The GM is the guy who's in charge of the continuity and creative control for the Shadowrun universe, so I figured it would be a waste not to take advantage of this opportunity. And it seems like everyone else is really into the game, which will make it easier for me to get into as well.

Let's see, I'm thinking of more things to write before Liz gets here. I thought about switching my Blog template. This old one looks pretty tired, and now that Blogspot has made some revisions, I might try to take advantage of their hard work and find something prettier.

OK, I lied earlier: here is something that's kind of interesting. Someone pretending to be Andy Kaufman has created a blog. It's pretty funny, and so are the (thousands of) comments on it, too.

No comments: