Thursday, May 20, 2004

Thursday Morning Blues

I haven't had a hell of a lot of time for real updates lately (OK, not in quite a while), but this week even less so. With great promotions come great responsibility, or something like that. I found out this week that another person in my department had resigned, so I was basically going to be taking all of my new responsibilities and keeping all of my old ones, because they were going to replace her. I found out yesterday, after spending the entire day fumbling through half-remembered HTML code and breaking our website no less than five times, that they are actually going to bring someone else in. That announcement couldn't have come at a better time.

Last night Liz was gone at puppy training, so I put my time to good use and knocked out another thousnd words on Crocodile Man. I have one last half of one scene to go to complete the current chapter, which I'm going to try to do this morning before I go to work if I can. I also tried my hand at a freelance contract I received, future contracts hinging on my work with this one. It's pretty simple, writing a press release, but it's for a completely different kind of company than the one I work for in my regular job, so I enjoyed the challenge. I had to distill a whole lot of rambling information into a compelling story, and it went through a couple of iterations until I think I got it right, with Liz offering advice and input as I went.

Tonight, I'm going to a Sherman Alexie book signing / reading at a bookstore downtown, and depending on when it's over, we may hook up with Kevin and Kim to see Shrek 2, which looks fantastic from all the reviews I've seen.

No comments: