Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Starship Poopers

Mongoose Publishing secured the rights to do a series of games based on the Starship Troopers license. What's cool is that they have the rights to do stuff based on the book, the movies, and the television shows, which means they can tie all the continuities together in their stuff. Most notably, they have the rights to do an RPG and a CMG. I'd love to play either one; I have a feeling I'll be picking up the RPG, and a Starship Troopers CMG would be one of the only ones outside of my company's games that I'd take the time to sit down, learn, and play. None of the other minis games that have debuted or been announced yet hold any interest for me whatsoever.

In today's "Blog of the Day" category, we have a lovely offering called "i am bored as shit." I don't suggest clicking on the link, but he did call San Diego a "shithole." That's kind of funny, because when I first came to Seattle, I overheard a conversation on the bus between two kids about how there was "nothing to do here." People who live in certain places, who have zero perception of life outside of those places, often overlook all the cool stuff that's right there. I mean, I came from a real shithole (Tulsa) and there were still things to do there, if you got off your ass and looked.

Liz is cooking something that smells really fucking good, and my hunger level is approaching rabid beast. Today was the second day in a row for walking work-outs (I'd been spacing them out by days), and I'm hoping to make tomorrow my third, weather-permitting. I keep running into the same frustrating thing, though: when I work out, my body spazzes and I want to just gorge myself on every piece of food in sight, which really sucks when you work in an office with easy access to all kinds of unhealthy garbage-food. I'm trying to be a good boy, but it's really tough. At least there's plenty of water to keep me going. Ahem.

No comments: