Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Late-Night Distractions

I stayed up late to try to work on more of Crocodile Man, which is at a point where I'm writing from two perspectives. One perspective is simple to write from. The other is kind of like pulling teeth from an elephant while it's shitting on you. Thankfully, I think I have one last scene to do in that second perspective and then I can be done with it for the rest of the book. It hasn't quite sunk in yet that I'm 20,000 words away from finishing my first novel. I've been saying all along that it's a practice novel, but maybe I'll try to clean it up a bit. You never know.

So I got into a pretty heated debate on another site while I was trying to distract myself, and although nothing came of it (as nothing usually comes from Internet debate), I did manage to lure a new reader (my second common tater!) with a great blog of her own. Someday I'll sit down and make my blog all 133t with a groovy template and all. I've actually got a really cool idea for the top title bar...

No comments: