Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Links of Interest

Since I'm walking into the office today, I have the luxury of a little more time to dick around on my blog. I ended up writing almost a thousand words on my novel last night, and I realized that writing dialog between the characters is a lot easier than writing action.

This morning I've got an interesting collection of links. I took off the old gloves and went a couple of rounds over at the comments section in another blog and had a fun time doing it. Managed to work Kant in there; I'll save Heidegger for another time. Amanda has attracted quite a variety of people to her blog, including a soldier whose humvee was destroyed by mortar fire in Iraq (he's got a picture on his site). He's rabidly opposed to war and very anti-Bush, so the next time you see Bush addressing all those flag-waving soldiers, keep in mind that a lot of them are probably sitting there thinking "bring it on my ass, I could be next!"

Another link of interest is this collection of Friendly Dictators Trading Cards. For all those people who believe that Haliburton oil's $30 billion contracts in Iraq were not the primary reason to go to war and it was about some made up weapons of mass destruction or worse to liberate the Iraqi people and remove a dictator, just examine the US' history with dictators throughout the ages. We love dictators. We loved Saddam.

No comments: