Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Monday Night Movies

Kevin loaned me Comic Book: The Movie, Mark Hamill's mockumentary about the comic book industry and comic cons in particular. Having been somewhat roughly inducted into this little club in the last year, I was very entertained by the whole experience, especially the stuff shot at the San Diego con. If you want to see what it's like to attend a comic book convention, the footage from San Diego is pretty much spot on. They even showed the WizKids booth towards the end. It wasn't a movie I'd watch again and again (and I'm glad I didn't end up buying the DVD), but Hamill did a great job showcasing the comic book scene, and did it in a much more respectful way than Trekkies did with Star Trek fans a few years ago.

As I'm nearing completion on my novel, I'm trying to decide what I should tackle next. I've got a couple things on the back burner, most notably the novel I started before I began The Crocodile Man, code-named "Red Mars." I've also been toying with the idea of doing an online, "real time" fiction novel as a blog, since these things are really easy to boot up and make an entry on pretty much whenever (see below, where I made all kinds of stupid entries when I should have been doing work).

Oh, and thanks to Chad for loaning me Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, my next foray into reading when I'm done with the comics I got this weekend.

No comments: