Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blogging Habits Revisited

At the end of May, I wrote that my blogging habits had changed considerably since I started this blog back in 2003. With the addition of the Share feature in Google Reader and the new widget on the side of this blog, it's changing even more. Posting a quick link with some commentary is now redundant, especially because Google Reader looks like it will let us comment on shared items in the future as well. But the shift in habits I noticed before seems to be continuing as well; the last couple of posts I made about marketing took several hours to write apiece. At least, I wrote them over the span of several hours, putting them down and coming back as I would a magazine article rather than a quick one-off blog post.

That's how I've started to treat the blog - more like a personal magazine I'm publishing rather than a list of links or an account of what I had for breakfast. I think the end result is better (and hopefully the Puppeteers agree!), and it's awesome that Google gave me the tools to really focus on adding more valuable content to the Puppet Show while still continuing to share the things I think are cool.

I'm sure I'll be updating this thought thread yet again in six months, so stay tuned.

No comments: