Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Blogging Habits

I've noticed a change in my blogging habits as of late - say, in the past six months. Before I used to use my blog as a kind of first-response sounding board. Which is to say, I would pretty much post my first reactions to whatever was on my mind. But in the last six months or so, I've tried to be far more thoughtful in my posts. I noticed that I've started planning them out in the shower (where I do my best thinking), or on the ride into work. I'm treating them more like mini-essays than "thoughts of the moment." Hopefully the extra planning has shown through as quality in my posts.

I started this blog almost four years ago at a suggestion from fellow Alliterate Jeff Grubb as a way to improve my writing - specifically through practice. I think I've succeeded in that regard, because my writing has certainly gotten stronger. Now I simply need to force myself to direct my output towards more creative kinds of things, and my novel should be done in no time.

Actually I hope to have an update on that soon. Stand by.

No comments: