Monday, July 25, 2005

Movie: Fantastic Four

OK, this didn't suck nearly as bad as I thought it would. I expected a festering sore on the anus of cinema (stolen from Mr. Cranky) and I ended up with a passable movie. I admit, in the fight on the bridge I was thinking, "come on, Stretch, you can save that guy! Go Ben, lift that firetruck!" which ups my GQ (Geek Quotient) exponentially. The whole Von Doom / outer space thing I didn't really care about. The only thing I really didn't care for was the love story between Reed and Sue, and the contrived "past" they had - it really didn't fit Reed's character at all. Oh well.

I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD. Take that as you will.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I'll take it as a sign that you're just not picky enough when it comes to movie purchases.

I thought the movie was only barely okay. Actually, I think the phrase I like best is, "the movie didn't offend me." But I certainly don't think it's worth purchasing in my opinion.

Jason said...

Liz would agree with you - she's still trying to figure out why I have "Repo Man."