Monday, April 18, 2005

Movie: Saw

I kind of avoided this one at the theaters, but I picked it up on the cheap-cheap recently and finally got around to watching it. For all of its MTV-style editing and nasty drop-frame techniques, it was actually a pretty tight little horror-thriller. Not particularly gross and gory - not a slasher film by any stretch - but it had enough to keep me guessing until the end, and I'm usually the one who goes "he did it!" in the first ten minutes.

If you liked Seven and The Game, you'll probably like Saw.

2 comments:

Seth Johnson said...

Interesting; had the trailers always sold Saw as MAN CAUGHT IN MIDDLE OF SHARP THINGS PREPARE FOR BLOOD! As I tend to avoid slasher movies, I skipped it. If it's more of a thriller, I'm actually moderately interested.

Jason said...

It is fairly bloody, but if you were OK with Seven you'll be OK with this - its in a very similar vein (actually, I thought this was a little easier than Seven, because there weren't any SPOILERS SPOILERS half-dead people tied to tables.