Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Can We Talk?

The last week or so, I've been interviewing candidates for an internship we're opening at my company. Before this, I'd never interviewed a job candidate before; it's a very strange experience being on the other side of the table. If nothing else, I've learned a lot about how to present myself and answer questions during a job interview (at least, if I were the one interviewing, uh, myself).

On one level, it's a little surreal, because it represents a point in my career where I'm not just the bottom guy on the totem pole anymore. Not only will I be in charge of selecting an intern, I'll be in charge of that person's career development. Yikes!

Otherwise work has been acceptable, not necessarily good or bad. I'm in one of those phases where work is something I go to during the day and it doesn't really matter to me one way or another. Since I finished my game, I'm going to hit the novel(s) pretty hard - I want to knock out at least two more chapters on the Mars one, and I want to finish my first editing run through The Crocodile Man.

The house has been such a time-suck that it's difficult to conceive of free time beyond what we're doing to work on the house, and my weekly gaming sessions.

Speaking of, a big box of really cheap tarot decks arrived today, so I'm going to make some people playtest that system very soon.

No comments: