Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tuesday Night With the Boys

Today was meetings. Nothing but solid meetings. 9 AM conference call with Europe. 10 AM can't even remember what. 11-12, answering emails. Noon to 4, another solid meeting. 4-4:30, a creative-type meeting I insisted I join (stupid, stupid me). 4:30-5:30, answering emails, writing a press release, writing web content for tomorrow, and so on.

Passed on gaming tonight to meet with other Alliterates to discuss fiction. Wolf shamed me by writing five chapters, and I didn't realize how much five chapters was until I downloaded it and went to print it out and thought the little watchdogs at work might wonder what I was doing with company property. So I'll print it a little at a time and get it to him next time. Jeff spun a tight little short story, and all chimed in with helpful comments on my Martian Commies project. Liz hadn't eaten either, so we caught an overexpensive, under-satisfying dinner at Denny's which turned into "draw-ma" when some trashy friend of one of the trashy waitresses showed up with her three-year-old breederspawn and ran amok (yes, the both of them).

That comment was so elitist, but dear God, that was not what I was in the mood to experience after today.

No comments: