Sunday, February 06, 2005

Local Cons

Yesterday I met up with a pretty big posse from the office and headed over to the Emerald City Comic Con, Seattle's comic show. It was surprisingly large, considering this is only their third year: I'd say there were easily two thousand people there on Saturday. They managed to get some pretty big-name artists, too, like Kurt Busiek and others (Mark Waid skipped out - just as well, I didn't even know he was planning on going). A good time was had by all, even if we covered the whole thing in about three hours.

Today is some big football game. I've got a handful of folks from the office (and Chad) coming over to watch in glorious 50" HDTV. And we're doing ribs and wings on the grill. I love that it's warm enough to grill such things on Superbowl Sunday.

No comments: