Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Wry Political Observations

I started an email discussion with a gentleman who shares some of my political beliefs, and he put me on to a site called Daily Kos that has been a good way to regain some perspective lately. Today, they linked to a fine article where Bush had some manner of imaginary conversation with John Kerry. Specifically:

    Allen also calls attention to this utterly fantastical tale Bush told yesterday, while arguing that his audience would have to pay more taxes to fund Kerry's plans.

    "So I said to him the other day, well, how are you going to pay for them?" Bush said at the Ottawa County Fairgrounds in Holland, Mich. "And he said, 'That's easy -- just tax the rich.'"

Then, Daily Kos proceeds to create all kinds of imaginary conversations with Bush in this vein. My favorite:
    But there I was, last week, hanging out with ol' George. And so I said to him, "well, how are you going to get our soldiers out of Iraq? And he said, with that frat-boy smirk of his, 'that's easy -- in body bags and wheelchairs.'"

No comments: