Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Good Old O'Lie-lly

I love watching conservatives cower before the power of fact and logic.

Republican't stooge Bill O'Reilly recently called people who watch The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central "stoned slackers." He's since claimed it was a joke, but it shows what disregard the Right has for the Left: we're just a bunch of long-haired hippie treehuggers who don't matter.

Not surprisingly, the facts support a totally different conclusion: that people who watch Jon Stewart tend to be more educated than those who watch The O'Reilly Factor.

Which basically supports my theory that liberals, in general, tend to be more educated than conservatives. Because when you add facts and logic to a conservative, it becomes a liberal.

It's no mistake that professions requiring the highest amounts of creativity and education - college professors, journalists, writers, and so forth - are largely liberal. Does this show a bias, as conservatives claim? No. It shows that liberals tend to be smarter than conservatives.

I'd love to see a breakdown of Mensa members and their voting choices. I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of them vote liberal. And, if I had to put money on it, I'd bet that the vast majority of high-school dropouts vote conservative.

Me, I just like the company better on this side of the river.

More comments on this post shortly, because I realized this is some pretty divisive shit.

No comments: