Monday, August 29, 2005

Saturday and Sunday

I love it when I'm running around my driveway at six in the morning, trying to haul the recycling bin to the curb because I forgot to put it out last night.

Anyway.

I spent most of Saturday cleaning the house. I sold off one of the two video games that came with this place (it's OK, I still have Pole Position), and helped move it to a co-worker's place Saturday morning. After that, I came back and cleaned. We let this place go a little too much; it took us most of the day to get it back to normal.

Yesterday I spent most of my day at the company picnic, helping set it up and having a good time with my coworkers. A fair number of people showed; it certainly wasn't like the last time we did this (2003) where the entire office was there. I threw the diet to the wind and gorged myself on cheap beer, cookies, and cake; I'm paying for it this morning, but I figure one day of dietary debauchery since March isn't going to kill me. It just means I'm going to have to bust my ass even harder at the gym this week.

Before I sign off, Meghan and Carissa and anyone else near the Big Easy - I hope you're safe and dry, and when you go back to your places of living, everything is OK!

No comments: