Tuesday, August 30, 2005

106 Miles

Last night, I caught up with a gaggle of folks from the office to catch the 25th Anniversary screening of The Blues Brothers. I've seen the movie probably a dozen times, but it was still fun to watch it on the big screen and hang out with friends. They had a live Q and A session with Dan Aykroyd, John Landis, James Brown, Henry Gibson, and a couple of others, projected into the theater through the miracle of digital somethingorother.

Sadly, the movie itself seemed to just be the DVD played on the big screen - which meant that, at times, the digital artifacting and pixellation were quite obvious. I was disappointed they didn't use a film print, since I very much would have liked to see how it was supposed to look in a theater.

That being said, it was still a most excellent time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know I've never seen that movie? If you're ever in the mood to watch it again, let me know. Everyone seems to love it; I feel like I'm missing out.

-Angela