Sunday, March 20, 2005

To Sleep, Perchance To Dream

That's what I've been doing since I got back: sleeping and dreaming. I feel like my sleep battery was completely depleted in Vegas, and no matter how long or hard I sleep to get it back, it's still only running at about 25%.

I missed a going-away party for fellow Alliterate and great guy Stan! last night, and based on the report on Wolfgang's Live Journal, it sounds like I should have gone. I nearly did, but I was caught in painting hell until about a half-hour before on the exact opposite side of town and didn't want to waltz in two hours late. Hopefully I'll get a chance to say good-bye to Stan, either before he leaves or at a convention this summer.

Did I mention the house? Yes! One bedroom is completely painted except for the trim. The other will receive its second coat today. The living room is primed and ready to go. And Liz, Brook, and Wendi gleefully demolished the strange kitchen island and the kitchen floor yesterday, to prepare for an upcoming weekend of tiling hell.

I promise that this blog (and my life) will become much less house-oriented at the end of April, when we must be completely moved in.

Today, I'm going to go see The Aviator again with Brook and Wendi and Liz, and hopefully hit the funnybook store, a duty I've been ignoring for too long. I'd also like to get The Incredibles on DVD while it's still at the first-week discount price.

No comments: