Friday, July 30, 2004

Is It Hot In Here?

My parental units are in town, and tonight we all went to spectate upon Fahrenheit 9/11, so now I feel like I have a right to express my opinion about the movie. I tried to keep my expectations in check, although I will say that I expected to be angrier than I was - instead, I was kind of sad, because I'm starting to suspect that the bad guys won a long time ago.

The movie was decent; Moore was barely in it, and he kept his usual stunts to an absolute minimum. It was a tad emotionally manipulative, but nothing so bad that I wasn't sitting there going, "OK, this is manipulative, blah." I read, or knew about, or suspected, many of the things presented in Fahrenheit, and the movie did a nice job of wrapping it up in a pretty little package and putting a cute little bow on it.

What I left the theater thinking was that, now that they are in power and have gotten this far, they're never going to quit. That, more than anything, makes me sad.

No comments: