Monday, July 17, 2006

Homeward Bound

There's nothing like going home to see old friends.

This 4th of July, we skipped the neighborhood re-enactment of Fallujah by heading back to the Tulsa/Springfield area. Liz spent a week with her family, and I came back for a couple of days to hang out with my parents before we both drove up to Drury to hang out in their alumni B&B for a couple of days and laze around town. Arch was there, Roger, Crabby and Angela came in, Bob and Heather dropped by, and even Karissa and Michelle made appearances. A good time was had by all. Sitting down at Milles on the first night was about as close to old times as we've gotten, and it was like we just picked up the conversation from where we left off in 2001. We're a little older, some of us (like me) are a little thinner, but it's the same bunch and that felt good.

I also had a great time with my parents; it was really low key (we saw "Inconvenient Truth" together, and I set up Guitar Hero for them to try), which was exactly what I needed. Who needs to go to Hawaii for a vacation when you can go home with no agendas?

Now, what did I do with that MP3 of "Yakity Sax"?

No comments: