Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Weekender

So here's the megabig update.

Last Thursday, my brand-spanking new Xbox 360 came. It's all set up. It's amazing. It's everything I thought it would be and more. It continues to wow me. I grabbed Blazing Angels and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, both of which I've been having a great time playing. Angels is a arcade-style airplane game, and Oblivion is probably the best computer RPG since the original Fallout.

I tore myself away on Saturday to go snowboarding again, which was probably entertaining to someone who wasn't me. I actually had a good time, but I fell down a lot and I'm still sore. My knees especially, since I figured out that the best way for me to stand up is toe-in (facing the mountain, which means getting up on your hands and knees as opposed to standing up from a sitting position looking out over the mountain). That consumed most of my Saturday.

Sunday we tackled the tree in the front yard, sawing off several more low limbs and trimming it up so it's not covering the house quite so much. We missed a meeting with the accountant (oops), but the good news is we're actually getting tax money back this year. Having a house sure helps.

And now, I'm back at work. Tonight I'll be gaming back at WizKids, and I'm really looking forward to it. Rumor is that next week I will be running my own game, so I need to get the last of my maps together and come up with a couple more secondary plotlines and I'll be good.

No comments: