Friday, April 21, 2006

Meme: High School

Via Rog, a meme about high school.

1. Who was your best friend?
Liz.

2. What sports did you play?
I was a grade-A band fag.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
1990 Oldsmobile Cutlas Calais.

4. It's Friday night, where were you?
If it was band season, I was at a football game. If not, probably at a movie, or making out somewhere.

5. Were you a party animal?
No.

6. Were you in the "IN" crowd?
Sure, insofar as my own group was "in" with ourselves. One of the nice things about Union High School was that 11 and 12 grade was in one building, and 9 and 10 was in another, so my two years there were spared most of that petty nonsense.

7. Ever skip school?
If my mom is reading this, then no. If not, then once or twice.

8. Ever smoke?
Not in high school.

9. Were you smart?
Depends on who you ask. I certainly applied myself more my last two years.

10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
No.

11. Can you sing the Alma Mater?
Uh, no. I doubt I could sing my college's Alma Mater.

12. Who was your favorite teacher?
Probably Brent Van Every.

13. Favorite class?
My English classes, my history classes.

14. What was your schools full name?
Union Senior High School.

15. School mascot?
The Redskins. We never had any complaints from Indian activist groups, despite being a bunch of disrespectful crackers who dressed up in redface (a word I just made up to describe the Indian equivelant of blackface) during football games.

16. Did you go to Prom?
I did.

17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
No. I have no regrets. I wouldn't mind reviewing it, like a movie, but only as a trip down memory lane.

18. What do you remember most about graduation?
A friend from work telling me that she wanted to do a three-way with me and my girlfriend.

It never happened.

19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
Sitting outside in the sun on one of the last days of school, discussing John Garnder's Grendel and thinking "this is all going to end soon," and focusing on appreciating it while it lasted.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?
?

21. Did you have a job your senior year?
I had the same job all through high school (in Tulsa), a phone operator at the Mazzior's call center.

22. Ever get an MIP?
I don't know what that is.

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
We had open lunch, so we went anywhere we wanted.

24. Have you gained weight since then?
Gained.

25. What did you do after graduation?
Worked for a summer and went to college.

No comments: